PragmaDev Tracer is a free tool for graphical requirements, properties, and traces
using a standard graphical representation. Main characteristics are:
- Express the requirements and properties of your system,
- Trace your system behavior on-line or off-line,
- Verify the trace matches the requirements and the properties.
- Easy connexion
Connexion to the tracer is done through a socket with a possibility of acknowledgement of each information received.
- Integration in your testing or development environment
The tracer can be started in text mode and in batch mode and control commands can be received through the socket.
- Integration with PragmaDev Studio
Applications generated by PragmaDev Studio code generator embeds tracing information allowing to directly trace
execution on target live through an IP connection.
- Easy documentation
Generates PNG, PostScript and HTML or copy/paste to word processors for easy documentation.
- Property match
PragmaDev Tracer can verify requirements and properties on the traces.
PragmaDev MSC Tracer runs on Windows and Linux.
PragmaDev tracer is a graphical tracing tool based on ITU-T Message Sequence Chart
and on OMG UML2.0 Sequence Diagram standards. It provides graphical representations of :
Each event is related to system time information.
- Time constraints,
- Chain constraints.
A Simple Trace
PragmaDev tracer supports Property Sequence Chart (PSC) in order to define expected properties of a system.
Within the PSC language, a property is seen as a relation on a set of exchanged system messages, with zero or more constraints. PSC may be used to describe both positive scenarios (i.e., the “desired” ones) and negative scenarios (i.e., the “unwanted” ones) for specifying interactions among the components of a system. PSC has both formal notation and operational semantics.
Property Sequence Chart
An example of a violated property
- See a 13 minutes on-line presentation and demonstration of the PragmaDev Tracer V2.0: here.
- Current stable V2.0 developed within the PRESTO European project as a zip file (58 068 636 bytes) including all platforms (Windows, Linux, Solaris):
- Previous version V1.2 as a zip file (49 715 256 bytes) including all platforms (Windows, Linux, Solaris):
Click here to get the brochure