Below is explained how to get the hostname and hostid of your license server needed
to generate the license file.
For a PragmaDev License Manager (PLM) server
Download and run the utility for your license server architecture:
For a FLEXlm license server
Download the lmutil FLEXlm utility:
Rename it to lmutil
if necessary, and run on the machine that will be your license server:
- On Windows platform:
lmutil.exe lmhostid -hostname
to get the hostname and hostid.
- On Unix:
Please check first our FAQ page and our bug report page in the restricted access web pages.
If no satisfactory answer is found, support questions are preferably treated via e-mail at the following address:
In order to get quick answer do not forget the following information:
- PragmaDev Studio version,
- Platform and operating system exact version,
- Exact manipulations that produce the problem,
- Specify if the problem is repeatable,
- If possible send the SDL-RT system causing the problem with the description of the problem (all *.rd*). If a Non Disclosure Agreement is needed ask the support to send an NDA template a manager will sign.
If the problem concerns FLEXlm license manager, you can download their full documentation here